New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway, Grade F......... again
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello. I posted a few weeks back about my 1st order from Midway. The box was damaged and the scope I ordered was bouncing around the box with no packing material in it at all. The rings I ordered along with it were no where to be found. They made it right. Reshipped immidiatly and took off the COD & SH charges. Thank you jump

2nd order just came in. Again a scope with rings. Scope was right, rings were matte instead of gloss. I had ordered the right item # but they just f*cked up and shipped the wrong one. I call again, I am told if I need them right away Confused that they would reship today and I would again have to pay COD & SH fee's. OK I figure, They will just credit me the S&H + COD fee's I just paid when they get the wrong item back. Well they won't. So when all is said and done I would have paid over 20.00 S&H for a f*cking set of 30.00 scope rings. And to top it off they would not send a UPS call tag. I have to PAY to mail their f*ck up back to them. WTF ? I called again to make sure I didn't mis undestand them, well I got the same answer. Mad

Needless to say, 2 strikes and their out. I sent them an email voicing my displeasure. I'm sure they will send me an apology and a free NRA sticker to make it right. Sorry to vent but you spend close to 1,000.00 in product in about 3 weeks and you would expect better service. Guess I was wrong about that.

Any links to a decent supplier out there ? I'm all ears.

By the way......... does Remington own Midway ? They both treat their customers about the same way.

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, be glad they fixed the problems...there are a bunch out there that won’t even do that! Smiler

I’ve had great luck and service with Brownell’s for over 30 years...but even they can screw things up once in awhile because they insist on employing us idiotic human beings that make mistakes sometimes.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
I have been ordering from Midway for 15 years, nothing but the best so far. A good company for me so far.

People kill people, Not guns.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experiance with Midway.
I have nothing but good to say about their service. Accidents can happen though.
Maybe you got the new guy on a Friday or a Monday nut

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BighornBreath:
Hello. I posted a few weeks back about my 1st order from Midway. The box was damaged and the scope I ordered was bouncing around the box with no packing material in it at all. The rings I ordered along with it were no where to be found. They made it right. Reshipped immidiatly and took off the COD & SH charges. Thank you jump

2nd order just came in. Again a scope with rings. Scope was right, rings were matte instead of gloss. I had ordered the right item # but they just f*cked up and shipped the wrong one. I call again, I am told if I need them right away Confused that they would reship today and I would again have to pay COD & SH fee's. OK I figure, They will just credit me the S&H + COD fee's I just paid when they get the wrong item back. Well they won't. So when all is said and done I would have paid over 20.00 S&H for a f*cking set of 30.00 scope rings. And to top it off they would not send a UPS call tag. I have to PAY to mail their f*ck up back to them. WTF ? I called again to make sure I didn't mis undestand them, well I got the same answer. Mad

Needless to say, 2 strikes and their out. I sent them an email voicing my displeasure. I'm sure they will send me an apology and a free NRA sticker to make it right. Sorry to vent but you spend close to 1,000.00 in product in about 3 weeks and you would expect better service. Guess I was wrong about that.

Any links to a decent supplier out there ? I'm all ears.

By the way......... does Remington own Midway ? They both treat their customers about the same way.

I've had great service from Graf's over the years.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry you had trouble.

I've had only good service from Midway, also.

I've also had good luck with Cabelas over the years. I've placed one or two orders with Natchez Shooter's Supply recently, and they've been good, too.

Midway ships much more quickly than any of the others, though.

Steve

Posts: 1730 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using Midway for about the last 15 or so years and have had nothing but good fast service from them.I've had two little mixups. One was a box of Rem.100gr. .243 bullets. 8 out of 100 were 80 gr hollowpoints. The other was a box of 250 gr Hornady RN .35 cal bullets. The cannalures were about 1/8" higher on about 10 of them. I didn't send anything back. Too much of a hassle and the screwups weren't that bad anyway. I'll keep doing business with them. Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote