New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 3 God or Bad?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have the opportunity to purchase a CZ Model 3 with the Montana Rifle Co. action in 300 WSM. What's the scope on this rifle?

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should say what's the scoop on this rifle?

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Montana Rifle Company-built CZ3 got a bad writeup in Outdoor life when they first came out.

A year later I bought three barrelled actions from MRC at a closeout price, as CZ sales must have been slow. I had to do some cleanup on them, but after placing into accurate innovations stocks, they shot OK. I put one into a mcmillan synthetic stock.

Still have one for sale...

rifled actions in both stock makers shoot about the same: inch plus with factory loads, and never tried any handloads for them.

I saw a CZ3 in walnut and SS at a gunshop a few months ago, new with tags, for 579. not a great stock job, but for the price it was tempting.

THe CZ3 can be a cheap way into a CRF action in SS, if you want a short magnum size action.

do not know why they have not done better on sales...

Jameister

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote