New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Finished Project
 Login/Join

<Rogmatt>
posted
I found an old, rusty, chipped, scrapped up Stevens 94 12 Ga. at a pawn shop. I stripped the wood & refinished it with Minwax ebony stain, removed the rust and brought out the color casing. The stock is backed up by a Wingmaster vented recoil pad and then covered with a Pach. slip on recoil pad. Length of pull is about 2 1/2" longer. Ordered some other small parts then found a 36" 10 Ga. goose barrel made to fit a Stevens and some minor fitting I made it fit perfectly. Don't see many or any 10 ga. Stevens 94. I tested it on Sat. and I was surprised how well my recoil system worked. Felt almost spungy. I know it may not be worth much to some but to me it is and will pass it down to my son. Paid 45.00 for it then went to work on it for 2 months. This gun is huge
Opinions??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice job!
I've always liked those old Stevens shotguns and it's nice to see one "brung back" so well.

p.s. there actually ARE nice guns besides
custom Mausers...hard to believe!

Jon

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that the moral of the story is that you don't have to spend a fortune to have fun with guns. Enjoy!......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote