New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisner (PME) 3 position safety for Mausers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Back in April, I spoke to Jim Wisner about the 3 position safeties he makes for Model 98 Mausers. He said he would be making a batch of them and to send him an email to get in line for one when they became available. I sent the email on 4/23.

Since then, I haven't heard from Jim and recent attempts to call him have not been successful. I usually try on Friday mornings as that's what he has requested in the past. My question to others is: has anyone else ordered and received one or more of these safeties from Wisner's?

Thanks,
Brian

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
We conversed recently and I could tell he was quite busy. I know he's trying to turn out quality parts as fast as he can. I'm waiting for some parts too but he can only turn them out so fast. I'll just keep waiting patiently and wish him the best.

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am still here contray to what you may or may not have heard.

A great many things have happened this year.Between our son being born this spring, and then two of my machinests leaving this summer.

And then I had some health problems earlier this fall. Of which the worst part is now dealing with that on the long term.

I just hired a new machinest the first of Nov and he is working out well.

The Mauser safeties are now progressing thru the milling machine stages. I expect them to be done by Christmas.

Also note this will be the last of them. I am not taking any more orders untill they are done so I will not over sell them.

Jim Wisner
Wisner's Inc
360-748-4590 9a - 5pm M - F Pacfic Time

Posts: 36 | Location: Adna Washington | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

Also note this will be the last of them. I am not taking any more orders untill they are done so I will not over sell them.

Jim
You got to be jokeing? I sincerly hope that you will continue to make the 3 position saftey for CZ 550 and Brno 600 series

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I recently called about purchasing some of your M98 safeties and was told you're only making 50 and they were all spoken for. I don't understand why, if you're taking advance orders, you don't make 54 or whatever the total number is as the variable cost on the incremental safeties is low relative to the fixed cost of the entire production run. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business, but I'd like to stock up on your safeties while I can and it would put a few extra dollars in your pocket.

I hope you're healthy now and will stay that way.
All the best,
Forrest

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Jim, I certainly hope you are better and that it is not too long term.

If you really don't want to stay in the safety business, why don't you sell your tooling to someone who wants to stay active with them? Start your own auction here on AR or elsewhere and if you don't get bids for what you believe it's worth then nothing lost.

On the other hand, set a price that makes them too profitable to not make them. Worked for Kenny Jarrett. I believe people who want rifles of that ilk will pay the price. Regards, HT

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Any word on the 404 specific bottom metal for Mausers..I sure am looking forward to a drop box.

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thanks for taking time to update us here on AR. I hope your back to good health soon as I know how that can really wear on you.

I hope I got on the list early enough and I look forward to hearing the safeties are completed soon.

Thanks,
Brian

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest B.

It is way past the point of being able to add any more safties to this batch. The length of the part divided into the length of the bar of steel dictates how many per batch.

JOHAN.

Yes I do not plan on making any more Three Position M70 Safties.
I have already been talking to Ed LaPour. However he is about maxed out as to his production capablities. So time will tell regarding if he will take the Brno and M98 safties on.

Ray.

I am no longer taking orders for Guards. I am in the process of finishing up what old orders I have. Some are over 2 years old now. When they are done I have a lead on selling the Tracer and patterns for the guards.

Things Change, this is the one constant we have to deal with in our lives. You can either put your head in the sand and let life go by and not do anything about it. Or you can go ahead and do something usefull with the rest of your life.

Myself I am moving on with a new business and lovely wife and a 8 month old son.

Jim Wisner
Wisner's Inc.

Posts: 36 | Location: Adna Washington | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote