Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torque Screwdriver
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for input/recommendations for a quality torque screwdriver for setting action screws. Need one for a Christmas present. I see that Brownell's carries them but I honestly don't know what I'm looking at. Thanks.

Posts: 7 | Location: PA | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
I dont know of any torgue screwdrivers, but you can buy a torgue wrench in Inch, Pounds at most Sears and auto parts stores.

one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
http://www.jensentools.com There is a search bar that gets you to torque screwdrivers.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I've had both types, I like to use a 1/4" torque wrench with the appropriate bit.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snap On makes a one that looks like a screwdriver with 1/4 inch head that is very accurate and "fits" into the kinds of places necessary for gun work, like behind trigger guards, etc. I just use a 1/4" socket head and the drop the correct bit for the job into the socket. I got mine used on Ebay for a reasonable price..They're expensive new....If you look at their website, they're under "torquemeters" not torque wrenches...

Roger

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HS Precision sells one.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Figure the torque range you need and then check ebay. I found a nice one to use for sight and scope base attachment. I got tired of alway guessing and wondering if I was over-tightening. One of the best things I did. Now it is just set the torque and tighten. No worrying about stripping threads or not using enough torque. Cost savings will be a lot better then you will find in any retail shop.

Later,

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Here is the one I want. $163 Ouch!

http://www.seekonk.com/torqstart.html

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Aren't scope bases torqued in the 20in-lbs range??

From their website.
"For applications where various torque settings are required, the Seekonk MCX Screwdriver is the tool of choice. It's exclusive pop up micrometer type adjustment feature makes it the most compact tool of its kind anywhere. Ideal for use in hard to access areas. Extensively used in electronic field service. Accuracy 3% + 1/2 in. lb. Conforms to Military Spec. MIL-W-29497B."

MODEL # MCX
RANGE 3-30 in. lbs.
GRADUATIONS 1/2 in. lbs.
DRIVE 1/4" Hex Female
DIMENSIONS 5" x 1 1/4"
WEIGHT 8oz.
PRICE $163.70

Seekonk Manufacturing Co. Inc.
87 Perrin Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771
torque@seekonk.com
fax 508.761.7960