Find
Notify
Tools

barrel maker michigan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
anyone ever heard of a mauser bauser barrel from michigan?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back in the 1970's, Mauser/Bauer imported or distributed the newer line of M2000, M3000, and M4000 series of rifles and some small pocket pistols. Yes it was in Michigan.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1602 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
i see one for sale in 375 H&H. a worthwhile barrel to use?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know the shank specs. The barrel would be a very good one but it depends what the shank fits or if there is enough meat to fit to something else.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Here is what I know:

Thread dia: appx: 1.1"

Thread length: appx .618"

Length: 25.5"

would this work on a LR Mauser?

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I don't think those barrels were made in Michigan. Bauer Firearms was active back in the early 80's, located in Fraser, and they did make a little pocket pistol. The Mauser rifles there were importing during that era bore little resemblance to a large-ring 98 action of the pre-WWII variety. Search Gunsamerica or GunBroker for 'Mauser Model 2000' and see for yourself.

Perhaps one of the 'smiths around here could give a more definitive/informed answer concerning the shank and thread dimensions, but I don't think the 'Mauser' barrels of the Bauer era are the same as a large ring 98 barrel.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That diameter is LR mauser, that thread length is close, most are .625". Mausers are very close to 12 TPI.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by a reliable source that the Mauser 3000 barrel shank is identical to standard large ring 98 mauser