Find
Notify
Tools

Timney Trigger Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks.

l've currently got a timney (no serial mark) on my Rem 700 that pulls off at about 3.5lbs and would like to reduce this by 1.5 lbs. Question is this, how do l go about the procedure as l've not got the book and don't know which screw to tweek first

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you give Timney a call they will send you a copy of the directions free of charge. Be sure to tell them which model trigger you have.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
54JNoll

Yes, this looks like the way to go. Just having a bit of trouble getting their contacts over here in the republik of Blair, do you know their web address?

Thanks.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here you go.

http://www.timneytriggers.com

Phone: (602) 274-2999

E-Mail: service@timneymfg.com

Postal Mail:
Timney Manufacturing, Inc.
3940 W. Clarendon Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85019

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
54JNoll.

Many thanks for that, it was just coming up as a differant firm for some reason on my system. l'll give them a call and see what they can do.

All the best.

Dave.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Not that you asked, but 2 lbs is VERY light for a hunting rifle; it would be ok for a target setup but if you are stalking with this rifle you might want to keep it around 3 lbs min.

Just my $.02

Regards,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DanM.

Thanks for the interest, l'm slowly getting used to a lighter trigger and as most of my time l'm set-up well before the shot l thought a slight reduction in poundage may help me. l also shoot 2-3 times a year at a stalkers meeting and l'm finding that when the bloods thumping in my ears the trigger feels rather heavy and l'm snatching some of my shots. As you say for hunting it may seem a bit light and if l find this l may just reduce the poundage when l need it for the range.

Regards.

Dave.