New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allen screws on gun - - how tight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How tight do you put the allen screws on the floor plate of a remington 700 synthetic stock?? I thought some one told me 35'' pounds of torque, but I cleaned my gun today and that felt like a lot so I went 15''. I think that you should stay consistent because it could effect accuracy, right?

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Are you using the proper torque wrench? In Inch pounds not foot pounds?

35 Inch pounds is near nothing. and should be about correct for guard screws in the 1/4" area

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got the wheeler fat wrench and had it set right, but it just felt like it was to much so I lowered it and then herd the clicks. Maybe I'm just not used to tighting those things that much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to Remington, the screws for a wooden stock should be set at 35 inch pounds. The screws for a synthetic stock should be set at 50 inch pounds. Just what they told me.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote