New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous Game Rifle (DGR) triggers - M98
 Login/Join

<Pfeifer>
posted
(Edited DGR in title to "Dangerous Game Rifle" for clarity sake - JP)

Posted similar question in my other ".404 Jeffery reamer and gauges..." thread but thought it would get better visibility here...

Was wondering what folks like to use. Building my .404 Jeffery on the '35 Chilean Oberndorf. We came up with a NOS Canjar that when installed was very nice out of the bag! Was wondering/concerned about the larger amount of wood that it would require to be removed from behind the trigger area? I wanted a steel trigger, probably doesn't matter one bit though as Timney's have always worked well for me....Thoughts?

Thanks - Jeff P

[ 07-08-2003, 01:27: Message edited by: Pfeifer ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Timneys are good but I much prefer Blackburn triggers.

Let me clarify also. I have no experience with DG. I do have some with good and dependable triggers.

[ 07-08-2003, 00:31: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pfeifer-

You may want to consider a Blackburn Trigger for your M-98 project. All of Mr. Blackburn's stuff is "top notch."

Contact information is:
Blackburn Machine Inc.
P.O. Box 476
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Phone: (801) 794-3309
e-mail:blackburnmachine@cs.com

Best regards,

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I am leaving the milspec trigger in my 458 carbine...

flag safety and all

jeffe

Posts: 39621 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
For now I will leave the flag safety on this '35 Chilean as it will be an open sight "Express" rifle. Any comments on the Canjar triggers?

JP

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Canjar on my Mark-X Mauser (30-06) for the last 26 years, still don't have any complaints about it.
It's not a DG caliber so I'll let one of the real experts comment on potential stock issues.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote