New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman Sight number
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for an example of a Mauser 98 Bolt release peep sight made by Lyman. I think it was a Lyman 35 but probably wrong. Would like to have a picture on one. Ottmar used them on many of his custom rifles.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
It's a Lyman #35 - Sorry no picture. Check Olsen Page 231 .

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Gary Fellers web site for these. Gary Fellers for all sorts of tang and peep sights

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear lb404:

Here's a few photographs of a mounted Lyman 35 on a Mauser action/Westley Richards rifle:

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some Lyman 1A's from Gary a couple of years ago- he's old school and a right guy, I would do business with him again in a heartbeat.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tin can do you have contact information for Gary?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Garry with 2 ahrruhs, and I found him to be rather snobbish in person albeit also very courteous. His prices are quite high but his stock is extensive and his descriptions are honest and complete.

Garry Fellers
3905 Anewby Way
Fort Worth, TX 76133
817-346-9633

Except for his prices and attitude, he'd be my first choice for any sight needs.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

square shooter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was there another model offered in addition to the number 35?

square shooter