Tools

Link to CIP spec drawings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
Here's a link to some good cartridge drawings and CIP specs:

http://www.poliisi.fi/intermin/images.nsf/files/AE55118...DE/$file/TABIcal.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat to open the file. If you don't have it, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and download the Acrobat reader (it's free).

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Thanks Forrest, I have always wanted the CIP specs and, since their web site doesn't provide a link, I knew I would have to wait for a hacker to get them. It's good to know if ever looking for a police file in Finland that I can go to you.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nifty, thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super find! Super fine! Much appreciated. clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and true to my tag line, does anyone know where you can get the SAMMI specs?

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Thanks Forrest, I have always wanted the CIP specs and, since their web site doesn't provide a link, I knew I would have to wait for a hacker to get them. It's good to know if ever looking for a police file in Finland that I can go to you.

You win a prize for noticing the address. I think I reached the end of the internet when I found that PDF file.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mad@#%^*%*()^%$ 28.8K dial-up. Frowner

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

You forgot to provide a link with the legends for all those letters next to the numbers on those diagrams with the drawings of the bullets. I could figure some of them out with a calculator of course but what is "Q" for instance?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want some easier to view drawings, you can purchase a copy of Patrone und Lagermasse from Triebel. That cost is ~ 90 Euros.

Another easy on the eyes source is from The Birmingham Proof House. They sell a CD with all the CIP specifications for 55 Euros.

The SAAMI specifications are available in a four CD set from SAAMI for ~ $95.00 USD. I don't know of any up to date listings of the SAAMI specifications available on the net. I am actually going to break down and buy those this week. Quite a few cartridges have been added to the SAAMI stable over the last ten years.

Very strong work Forrest.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of a CIP cartridge and chamber specification drawing as formatted on the Patrone und Lagermasse disc:

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. On pp. 36, the 7.82 Warbird is listed as having originated in Finland. Perhaps Mr. Lazzeroni contracted with Lapua for his brass. Maybe so, maybe no.

Ok; pp. 79; I see that the 264 Leroy Nitro Express was developed in Germany. Was that named after Hermann Goring's younger brother Leroy?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart

Thanks for the pricing info. I notice on the SAAMI site that they sell the books seperate and they are broke out into pistol, rimfire, rifle and shotgun. Rifle is dated 1992.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you as I lost this link and imformation two years ago in a computer crash.
For most of the common Sammi prints buy the NRA book Handloading ( ISBN 0-935998-34-9 )- This book has Weatherby cartridge and chamber specs also. Or just do an interlibrary loan .
Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
The .pdf link above takes you to the first of six main CIP tables.

This shows dimensions for rimless cartridges.

There is a table of Rimmed cartridges, and another for belted cartridges.

The next three tables show the pressure data for the three respective classes of cartridges.

Perhaps one of our Finnish correspondents can locate the other .pdf files.

I was noodling around trying to figue out the letters that precede the .pdf for the other tables, but no joy so far......

I was able to copy the linked .pdf onto a disc (as would any twelve year old kid these days).

LD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops,

I was way too hasty and simplistic in my posting immediately above this one.

I have been going through my complete 2005 edition of the C.I.P. drawings, pressure data and technical instructions.

The best and cheapest way top get deep into the C.I.P. maze is to just buy the CD from the Birmingham Proof House.

Everything is available in english, deutch & francais.

Much of the chamber drawing and pressure data is available on the Patronen & Lagermasse CD from Triebel in a more user friendly format, especially as regards the line drawings. It also has pictures of many of the cartridges.

LD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bro'Dart.