New
Find
Notify
Tools

mauser standard, Talley rings and luepold 2x7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know if with a standard length mauser and talley bases and rings will a lueplod 2x7 fit . Or will I need a extension front base?

Im guessing the 2x7 wont fit with out a extension frt base. Does talley make ext frt base?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2x7 luepold with talleys ? anyone?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Don't know about a 2x7 but I have a 3x9 on a 7x57 in Talley rings. I also have a 2x7 on a 375 Brno ZKK 602 but it's in CZ rings. Don't see why the 2x7 won't fit. It would probably be close. The front ring is up against the bell on the 375 but the 3x9 has about 1/8" before the front bell.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a pretty short scope . Ive had to use extension bases or rings with other brand bases and rings.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've used extension rings or bases on the front of the 2 2x7s I've used. I didn't see an extension listed on Talleys site but I've missed other things. LOL

I used Warne on my last scope with QD. They make a front and back extension base.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Anyone know if with a standard length mauser and talley bases and rings will a lueplod 2x7 fit . Or will I need a extension front base?

Im guessing the 2x7 wont fit with out a extension frt base. Does talley make ext frt base?

I have Leuplod 2X7s in Leupold QRW rings on a couple of M70 375 H&H rifles. If they'll fit that long an action I would assume it would fit a std. Mauser. Don't use Talleys so I can't say for sure though.

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I had to use an extension front base with Warne Maxima QD with my 2x7.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP7,
I just mounted a Leupold VXII 2-7 on my Charles Daly 98 in Talley's steel rings last weekend. It fits fine with about 1/4 inch or so to spare.
Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: northern NY | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote