New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunstock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While we were driving to my wife's aunt's 90th birthday party I arranged to make a slight detour to Yuba City, and stopped in at Great American Gunstocks.
I was greeted by the owner, Henry Pohl, and he gave me a tour of the shop (very interesting) then we proceeded to pick out a new stock for my custom Mauser.
Two weeks later it came back inletted, glass bedded, and ready for final sanding and finishing. It was shipped in a nice reusable molded plastic case (optional).
All in all a pleasant experience and great service.
Now to get busy with the scraper and sand paper.

<9.3x62>
posted
Well you must get better service when you go in person - I've had very mixed results with those guys. I'm glad to hear they did right by you, though. Good luck with your mauser.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've used them twice. The 1st one was a disaster, the secound one is working out a little better. It would have been nice if I could have picked out my blank like you did. I've just about sanded all the GAG off of this one

You've got to do a lot of shaping on these. If I ever do another custom (semi-custom) I think I'm going to buy a blank and find someone else to turn it for me or just write a check and have a profesional stock maker like Customstox do it for me.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote