THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Optics starts to rise my bloodpressure.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey.

Maybe it's me, but I'm starting to loose my temper on this %¤&%¤ firm now.

In the beginning of March I ordered a 20 MOA scope-rail for my SIG3000. I immediately received a mail that said that they needed my safety code on my card. I gave them that, and I noticed that my card was charged at 10'th of March, for the whole thing, included shipping cost. And I told them to confirm the order.
That's it...... Confused Nothing happend!

After some weeks I asked tham if they had sent the rail, and got the answer: They were out of stock, and he did not know when they got new ones coming in.... Eeker
I asked, and told them that I was a bit surprised, and disappointed that they was in such a hurry to charge my creditcard when they did not know WHEN they could send the actual merchandise.
I then got the answer that he would send the rail to me, in that week. They only had to get them back from anodizing.
That's about 14 days ago now....... BOOM

I asked again, a couple of days ago, and got a pretty angry mail that they had so much to do, that they had to do it when they had the time..........
That really pisses me off!!!
They where not so occupied that they had the time to charge my card!!! What really pisses me of, is that they charged my card BEFORE they even looked in the shelf if they really had what I was paying for.
If this was a serious company, they would give the "already paid for-orders" a higher priority!
Mad

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The forum that makes field trips for group buys at US Optics is snipers hide.

http://www.snipershide.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=19&page=1

SWFA's forum is run by Chris Farris, but he often visits the snipershide forum.

http://www.opticstalk.com/

There are a couple guys here who know the owners and history of some American scope makers:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/6mmbr?forum=12225

DMCI* here at AR owns a few US Optics scopes, and has given me some advise on how to order them.
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/1421043

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Number one reason why we never charge are customer's card, until the day the product ships............

Having backorders is a fact of life, that sometimes is hard to get past, but charging a customer before you even ship is bullshit in my opinion..........

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't think they were that much out of line. As I stated on another thread, I ordered some stuff from Blackburns and they charged my card a whole year before they shipped the parts. I didn't think anything of it. Just waited for the parts to arrive.

You have to have a little patience and accept the way the firm does business, or if you don't like the way they do business then don't do business with them.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
You have to have a little patience and accept the way the firm does business, . .

That's BS! A company ought to be responsible enough to not charge you until the product goes out the door! Charging your card/taking your money and not delivering is just another form of Thievery that the people who are taking your money says is OK.

Then they treat you like a red-headed step-child, and get angry when you ask them where is the product they charged you for? Well, we've seen several examples of this kind of thing.
Just BS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have to have a little patience and accept the way the firm does business, or if you don't like the way they do business then don't do business with them.

bsflag

There is written nowhere that this is the way they do business. You just have to see when the rabbit is out of the box!
I will soon have my money back, or I have to take it with the creditcard company. thumbdown

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure that by law in the US, a merchant is not allowed to charge your card before shipment unless they specifically state an alternative in their order system or catalog. I have generally found this to be the case.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charging a customer's card before the item ships smells like fraud to me. No requirement to prove intent either.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a custom built scope, they have to charge something up front*, but obviously not 100%.

*Then there is that retired cop guy in Oregon that ships and then expects me to send a check later. He has never not been paid. What a guy!

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 460wby:
quote:

bsflag

There is written nowhere that this is the way they do business. You just have to see when the rabbit is out of the box!
I will soon have my money back, or I have to take it with the creditcard company. thumbdown

I'm always amazed that people reply to this clown's comments. To me they seem designed solely to irritate people and illicit a reply. He seems to me to be nothing more than an attention whore.

I think it's bad form for any business to charge you for a product that doesn't exist.

And despite what this guy says, it ain't the norm in this industry or any other. To whit, Jim Biair is one guy that I'm sure would die before ever charging you for an item he doesn't have. I know several others in the industry in fact that won't charge before they ship simply because they want to avoid overcharging you on postage.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much of this is a poor web technology based implementation, meaning that the CC payment is done by a service and the core business is done by the company.

just wondering
Rich

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MATT
i think its also B.S when i sent numerous e mails a few years back in relation to your actions and you guys did not even have the decencey to repley....and please dont tell me you never got my e mails!
Daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi.

Thanks for the tip on the "snipers hide"-forum!

I posted this on that forum, and I got a mail from the boss himself at US Optics. Now my rail is in the mail...and I'll soon be carrying my rifle to the range.. dancing

He apologized for the delay, and the way this turned out.
So it seems like it's alright now.

Sorry for my frustration!!

Arild.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And now it has arrived!! Big Grin

Arild.