New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yugo SKS question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fella's I'm in need of some help, I have just entered the world of the SKS and have to admit it is fun! I do have a couple of questions though, first how do I remove the grenade launcher? I'd like to put a break on it for some quick follow-up shots in an excessive amount of trigger pulls and does anyone know where a stock can be found that is good looking but not plastic? Thanks ahead of time for your coments and help.

Kirk S.

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how this works or some place that I can get the information?

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
This isn't real strong SKS site though I bet most posters have one stashed away. You might find what you're looking for here:

SKS Boards

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What grenade launcher? bewildered

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Disassemling a SKS

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the Yugo SKS, I drive out the pin, and then put the launcher in the vice. A little leverage and it will unscrew like any regular right hand threads.

I like Yugos the best. Russian, Chinese, and Romanian are ok, but Albanian is junk.

But even the BEST sks is not as good as an AR15.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Everything you ever wanted to know about an sks.
http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp

It's a great little plinker, I've left mine with the launcher etc. but added a red dot and a raised comb.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are great! I just got back in from filling the stock, I'm gonna paint the stock to look like the McMillan stock on the M14, being I can't afford an M14 I might as well turn this little gem into one. I'll post some pictures if I ever get it finished.