THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for SAKO 75 or Remington 40X actions?
 Login/Join

<wolf6151>
posted
Anyone know of a source for these actions? Any companies out there that will sell these actions new, or any other actions for that matter? Where do you guys get actions to build custom rifles? Other than buying a used rifle or a cheap new one, are there any sources out there for actions only? Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Wolf. The Sako's are available from Brownells and the Remington 40X used to be sold at Chesters, out on Long Island. I don't have the address handy, but if you do a search on this sight, the addresses should come up in someone's post. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan How does the 40X action differ from the rem 700 action ?? Is the price difference worth it??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Accuflite sports. I think the website is Accuflite.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the 40X is the pick of the litter, as it were, from Remington. The actions and barrels are inspected, and the ones that are closest to spec end up going to the custom shop. At least that's what the guy said in Ilion. I can say from personal experiance, I've never seen a 40X that wouldn't shoot, unless it had been seriously monkeyed with. Other then that, it's the same action. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
HI

I think that Brownells still has sako actions for sale. I'm sure that you can find cheaper and better local sources if you look around for a while. The choice is up to you, I would have one heck of hard time to choose between these two actions.

Good Luck

/ JOHAN