THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Remington 700 bolt re-jewel with Menck 3/16" or 1/4" tool?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 bolt re-jewel with Menck 3/16" or 1/4" tool?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Triple4
posted
I want to re-jewel the bolt on my Remington 700 and I'm trying to decide whether to use a Menck 3/16" or 1/4" tool to duplicate the factory jeweling... and advice would be appreciated...
Thanks.

Posts: 1327 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't quote me, but i think it is 1/4

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Triple4
posted Hide Post
That's a start...I'll take it as one vote for 1/4"...Thanks.

Posts: 1327 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, 1/4 inch and the bigger the better; faster at least. I have used bigger; you overlap the circles and only see the centers anyway.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Triple4
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help!