New
Find
Notify
Tools

more accurate 22-250??????
 Login/Join

<Cooydog>
posted
I have a rem 22-250 heavy 26" barrle synthetic stock. 4x16x50 scope with target turrents.

What can one do to find a bit more accuracy.
I do reload and can only get it to shoot .5 inch, 5 shoot groups at 100 yards,but at 250 the groups are mostly around 2 inchs.(I seem to get better groups shooting prone position off my bi-bod as this is the position I use mostly calling yotes)

The load is:
re15 39grs
v-max 50 midway molly
fed match primers
rem cases
3975fps
Are the 52-53 seiara's realy that much more accurate.
I don't think bedding is an option???? It has the aluminum bedding from factory.
the triger pull is at just less than 1 pound and very crisp.

Any input would be helpfull.

<Santa Claus>
posted
I would say shoot it, you do not have any problems..Don't worry...Just shoot...

Lee

<Big Stick>
posted
I'd definately bed it. The aluminum blocks are notorious for not properly mating the actions. Impossible to build 50,000 stocks,to fit 50,000 actions PRECISELY. Bedding will allow the stock,to shoot to it's abilities.

I shoot the propellant and projectiles you mention,in a myriad of rifles and feel they are a known quantity for extracting accuracy potential.

Pop it ot of the stock,look at the underside of the action,forward of the mag cutout,on both sides. Generally there is some discoloration,from the action jumping around inside the unbedded(ill fitting)stock. I've had many HS stocks,all were better after bedding. All showed the tell tale signs of moving around,prior to bedding............

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Frankly, you are not going to get a factory Rem 700 to shoot much better than that particularily off a bipod in 22-250. If I were you I'd just install a Jewell trigger and play with your bullet depth. You don't have a problem!-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote