Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako extractor problem
 Login/Join

posted
My gunsmith installed a Sako extractor on a 700 bolt for me (300 RUM). Now loaded rounds do not "kick out". It is almost like it "kicks out" or releases too late, when the bolt is too far back (rearward). So the cartridge just is kind of stuck there with the bullet pointing out (like it should) but you have to take it out with your hand. Do you guys have any suggestions I could give him?

Posts: 17 | Location: TX | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do fired cases eject properly?

Posts: 13240 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have not tried fired cases yet. I have not taken the bolt from the shop. All he had there was some loaded ammo. Going to take him some empty brass. I was just checking on here to see if I could find any "hints" to give him to make it work right.

Posts: 17 | Location: TX | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The smith would have removed the ejector and spring in order to install the Sako extractor. Sounds to me like he did something wrong when he reinstalled it. Did he shorten the spring? Is it hanging up on the pin? I would check there first. Also, look for a burr on the extractor. Finally, was the bolt face originally a magnum face? If he had to open it up maybe he didn't open it enough.

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote