Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning low wall trigger
 Login/Join

posted
My low wall trigger is adjusted all the way using the set screw and it still is about 7 lbs,anyone know if there is an aftermarket trigger out there.
Thanks,Bart

Posts: 10 | Location: LagoVista Tx. | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If your up to the task. This is what I do with my Browning B78's and M1885's. I dismantle the action (not fun, especially re-installation of the hammer springs). Then I check all parts for burrs. Check sear spring tension. To firm will effect the pull. Too light will causes the hammer to fall. Not safe. Look at the hammer notch that contacts the sear. Make sure it is smooth with no burrs. Make sure the trigger moves freely in the trigger housing. Study it closely and understand what each part does. I think the Browning 1885 hammer/sear/trigger is a good setup. Especially compared to the older B78 triggers. Hope this helps. Larry

Posts: 72 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bart185:
My low wall trigger is adjusted all the way using the set screw and it still is about 7 lbs,anyone know if there is an aftermarket trigger out there.
Thanks,Bart

Don't bother messing with it. Box it up and send it to Lee Shaver www.egunsmith.com.

He does it very well for about $30 or so.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote