New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quasi-railgun.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was really asking about the Mauser receiver. I should have been more clear. I didn't know Mauser made a BR single shot magnum action.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FN manufactured a limited number of long extractor standard length single shot actions.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
I was really asking about the Mauser receiver. I should have been more clear. I didn't know Mauser made a BR single shot magnum action.
Butch

FN even made those actions with a .222 bolt face.
I can remember when Brownells closed them out for about $100 in the early 70s my gunsmith nearly broke his neck running to the phone.
Too late though...they were all gone.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I looked, SARCO had some of these receivers in a semifinished state. They required some smithing and heattreatment if I recall. From their site
"Original Commercial FN Mauser '98 Single Shot Receivers - We gad about 50 of these before and just found a few more mixed in with other receivers. These are exotic dinosaurs. Only a handful left, 90% finished and need heat treat. Metallurgical knowledge necessary for heat-treat.... (was $125.00) Now $65.00 ea, 3/$180.00 "

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote