Find
Notify
Tools

LEUPOLD QD MOUNT QUESTION
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted
I just got a Rem 700 in 375 H&H> I mounted a Leuplod VX3 1.75x6 in Leupold QD mounts.
I have to turn the windage adjustment all the way to the left to get the rifle on paper>

I took the scope and mounts apart and lapped the rings (something I have never had to do before) I put the whole thing back together and the same thing!! The holes in the reciever don't apear to be out of alignment.

I have used this set up with sucess on my 458 win mag model 700 with a VX3 1.5x5 and on my Marlin guide gun.

I supose It could be servacable as it is.

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM OR A SOLUTION

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is unlikely a problem with the mount or receiver holes. More likely you have a slight misalignment in the receiver or barrel threads, or the recoil lug/washer faces may be out of parallel, neither of which is uncommon with factory rifles.

If so, there isn't much that can be done to the rifle without gunsmith attention to recut the threads or replace the washer. And maybe recut the chamber afterwards.

OR you could get a set of Burris mounts and their rings with the off-set inserts to correct the missalignment, that's what they are made for, and live with the rifle as it is. That's what I would do.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote