Find
Notify
Tools

22 barrel liner
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
I have a nice falling block rifle with a "loose" spot in the barrel about 2-3" long.
The gun shoots pretty well, but may/will be even better with a liner installed.
Who does a great job and how much can I expect to fork out to get the work done (web sites)?
It has to be a liner, the rear sight is dovetailed into the top of the barrel (imagine the barrel is dovetailed for 6-8 inches and the sight is adjustable back and forth over this range of movement).
May be an old gun, but this dovetail just happens to be the same as modern grooved receiver for 22.

LouisB

Full of questions, not much with answers.

[ 06-10-2002, 05:45: Message edited by: TCLouis ]

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try a fellow named Redman in Tonasket WA, sorry dont have his number. He builds the liners for .22's that are sold in Brownells. He also does lining. Is there any reason that rear sight can't be dovetailed into a new barrel? Just looking for a diffent option for you. Lining is not that expensive though and much cheaper than a new barrel.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beinke & Beinke Rifle Barrel Liners in Klamath Falls, Or. can help you out, I'm sure. They've been around goin on 25 years, now. Ph 541-882-3371.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote