New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 75 stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It seems that aftermarket lightweight stocks for the Sako 75's are few and far between.
Other than McMillan, and they don't inlet many patterns for the 75-III action.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Well Rick, I know Stu doesn't make them at Hello Kitty Gunstocks. I think the last 75 I did was in a Brown Pounder from Brown Precision. They have kind of a funny system there now days. If memory serves, they don't really have a list of what they make. You just email them and tell them what you want and they kinda get back to you and say: (oh yah we can make that for yall!) They aren't cheap though. I think that last kevlar one I got from them landed me about $600 CAD. They also take a while. I don't know if they have changed their shipping policies to Canada. You would have to email them. You might email HS Precision as well. Were it me, I think I would be so inclined to measure up a Remington 700 LA stock and if the math works get one of Stu's stocks and some fiberglass and resin and make it fit. The big part would be if it's wide enough for that corny clip system that the 75 has. Stu uses a full glass pillar front and back and an I beam so you can get away with a lot of reworking.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
GRS make excellent stocks and inlet for the 75

http://www.grsriflestocks.com/inlets

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Heavy stuff

quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Heavy stuff

quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

Big Grin

True, they are hefty things.

They are however very nice in the shoulder and well made. Smiler

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I like that movie and Snatch and Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels too.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
It's a great movie... Big Grin

The stocks don't "feel" as heavy as they weigh, if that makes sense, and with flushcups carry very well on a sling.

I think Richards microfit do wooden stocks for the 75 at the very least, we would order them in from the states as a matter of course before this ITAR bullshit came in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
Well Rick, I know Stu doesn't make them at Hello Kitty Gunstocks. I think the last 75 I did was in a Brown Pounder from Brown Precision. They have kind of a funny system there now days. If memory serves, they don't really have a list of what they make. You just email them and tell them what you want and they kinda get back to you and say: (oh yah we can make that for yall!) They aren't cheap though. I think that last kevlar one I got from them landed me about $600 CAD. They also take a while. I don't know if they have changed their shipping policies to Canada. You would have to email them. You might email HS Precision as well. Were it me, I think I would be so inclined to measure up a Remington 700 LA stock and if the math works get one of Stu's stocks and some fiberglass and resin and make it fit. The big part would be if it's wide enough for that corny clip system that the 75 has. Stu uses a full glass pillar front and back and an I beam so you can get away with a lot of reworking.

I'm late checking back in but thanks for the info Rod.

I took the cowardly gun nuts way out of this dilemma and.....sold the action. It was a factory boxed blued 308 size, never barreled. Now my Sako action collection is down to a never barreled AI action.....but I do have a McMillan Hunter stock for this one but the action has been sitting barrel-less for a couple years now. But I did buy a set of 221 Fireball dies the other day so things might start to happen.....or not. That reminds me, I did barrel a 221 Fireball on an L46 for Stuart a few years ago. IIRC it was an AI Varmint 222 barrel I cut back and redid.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote