New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sims Vib. Lab recoil pads.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried the new recoil pads from Sims? I need a new pad for my 06 imp. and was interested in trying one but wanted to get a few opinions before I bought one. Does their pre-fit shape really match the stock it was designed for or is there a little shapping needed? I'm not recoil sensitive but, how much is the recoil really reduced?
Thanks,
Elk Country

Posts: 180 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Rem 700 in 375 H&H. It fit nicely and is a definite improvement over the original.

Pmc

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have installed two pre-fit pads on Ruger #1's. The fit is pretty good (they were both slightly small, but not bad). The feel is excellent, and good at soaking up recoil. The only downside is they don't look as good as a decelerator, especially one that is ground for the specific stock.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
HEY'
I have them on two shot guns.One that I shoot trap doubles with,and my skeet gun.They sure are reducing the,the felt recoil.I would recommend them.
Geejay

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just installed one on my 416 Rigby, seems to work just fine. Very pleased

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote