Find
Notify
Tools

Bottom metal business
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
c

Posts: 3610 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I offered would you send me all the necessary CNC equipment and build me a new workshop. I would love to do it. dancing

Sorry, couldn't help myself, wish you luck anyway.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, if you ever find anyone, please refer my Steyr model SL .222 with plastic bottom metal. mike

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

how are you with tats and body piercings?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter you're an asshole. Duane is offering the right person the chance of a lifetime, the chance to study with and learn from a true master, and you mock and denigrate that offer posting shit like this. Dave Wesbrook

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a super offer on the job...........if only I was 50 years younger I would be packing my bags...............

Posts: 93 | Location: Evart Mich USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by janehal:
What a super offer on the job...........if only I was 50 years younger I would be packing my bags...............

This is an exceptional offer. Rarely do Master Gunmakers offer the use of their shop and training.

Lets see. I am not married (divorced), owe nothing, no dependents, house, shop, truck & boat paid for, and own a resonable collection of machine shop tools and equipment. Would I take the offer? Hell yes if I was not a 67 year old grumpy bastard!!!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
A true fantasy offer...that is, one about which many of us have fantasied and even prayed for.

I only hope whoever is selected from amongst the respondents realizes how stupendous Duane's offer is.

One of the many risks Duane is taking by his proposed generosity is that the recipient may not really realize that in return he will have to be willing to put out as much effort as it takes (and as much time) to learn enough to make it on his own turning out products worthy of Duane's name as his instructor.

I'd hate to see some person just react to the "something for nothing" impulse and then quit on Duane when he realizes just how much effort is involved, or otherwise becomes disenchanted or bored.

Good luck to both those interested and to Duane on this one. tu2 patriot

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave wesbrook:
Idaho Sharpshooter you're an asshole. Duane is offering the right person the chance of a lifetime, the chance to study with and learn from a true master, and you mock and denigrate that offer posting shit like this. Dave Wesbrook

Someone doesn't have a sense of humor....

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dave

I are not sure if you lack a sense of humor or are just some common form of village idiot. Some people are too kind to respond in kind.

I do not suffer from any limitations in that regard.

I am guessing you suffer from both of those childish "look at me" manifestations of needing attention, despite a complete lack of accomplishments to invite a second glance from any normal human being.

I hope your life takes a turn for the better soon. Either way, do what the Psychiatrist tells you; and keep taking your meds.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I am guessing you suffer from both of those childish "look at me" manifestations of needing attention, despite a complete lack of accomplishments to invite a second glance from any normal human being.

Humor is often misunderstood here on internet forums. I understood what you were referring to(that most of you middle aged guys don't like tats and piercings. I am in the same boat, even though I am fairly young. I guess I'm an old soul.)

Having said that Rich, it is clear that you don't know Mr. Westbrook. His is a master in at least three fields(custom rifle building, writing and photography) and has a portfolio that would impressive to anyone. Really, anyone.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 323:
quote:

Someone doesn't have a sense of humor....
I've had him on ignore since June of last year. He is the only person I have on ignore. Now I remember why.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB,

some people have a distinctive manner of introducing themselves.

While he may have had a good reputation in the past, it is equally important to me the man he showed here.

Since he does not contribute in any way to my economic well being...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just talked to a friend who used to be a CNC machinist and keeps talking about getting back into it. He's local to you (Rainier) and I told him to check out your site and call me back. He is a gun guy, though he doesn't know fine guns.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason, In "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu it is written that you should know your enemy. It is very obvious that Idaho Sharpshooter knows nothing about me. ...In the first line of his post he refers to a PM between himself and Duane and in the second line he uses the word "We" to imply that Duane agrees with his Id Sharps opinion of me. What he didn't know is that Duane and I have been close friends for over 30 years. We have each other on "speed dial" and often talk 5 or 6 times a week. I know what Duane thinks about me and he knows how I feel about him. Perhaps he (Id Sharp) needs to read Duanes new PM to him and edit the "we" and it's implications out before the ever gentlemanly Duane comes down like a pile of shit on him. Don't ever think that Duane can't or won't. Thus Jason in only the first two lines of Idaho Sharpshooters post we have already established that he is a vindictive liar and asshole. ...Then he claims that I seek attentioun because I have never accomplished anything in my life. WOW, where to start. In 1980-81 I was a stockmaker for Griffin & Howe NYC. I moved to Arizona in late 1981 and continued to build "Carriage Trade" rifles for select clientele including a rifle for the DSC which Petersons Hunting said "Set new standards for custom rifles" ...In 1985 I received the significant honor of being invited to study photography with one of the 20th centuries most important "Fine Art" photographers Frederick Sommer. The invitation was extended three hours into our first meeting, after he had examined both my PHOTOGRAPHY and STOCKWORK. I spent four years with Fred and was only his fifth lifetime student. His previous three students had studied with him under the McCarther Foundation Grants--The "Genious Grants" so I felt particularly honored. ...In 1989 I moved to Northern Va.To work as staff studio photographer for the AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. ...In 1994 my first book PROFESSIONAL STOCKMAKING was published and was distributed in 14 countries and used as a textbook at gunsmithig schools in the U.S. and abroad. It is now in it's second printing with 7000 copies sold and has helped educate several generations of stockmakers. ...In 1996 I was the only American to be invited to interview for the senior (head) photographers position at the Tower of London, the Royal Armouries at Leedes, and the Royal Naval Museum at Portsmouth. Although I won the nomination I turned the position down. Hated the weather, food, traffic circles, and British gun laws. ...I suppose I could mention my other seven books or the additional nine books for which the photography is completed, 25,000 photos, but I don't want Mr. Idaho Sharpshooter to accuse me of being a braggart. He's still just an arrogant,vindictive narcissistic asshole. ...David L. Wesbrook

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter, I see that you edited the "WE" out of the second line of your post. Your still an asshole....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You post like you assume I give a rat's ass who you are.

If you wrote, why can't you spell You're correctly? It's a contraction of you and are, get it?

A man of your' alleged accomplishments now stooping to vulgarity... You are still a whiner and a crybaby. "Waaahhhhh, somebody make him stop..."

Beginning stages of Alzeheimers perhaps?

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the best you can come up with? Let's just give this thread back to Duane

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, a little off topic, but i would like a text or two to help me take better firearms photographs, and photographs in general.

Do you have some refences for me please? Prefeably with a firearms bent.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Duane.

Best wishes, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Dave, a little off topic, but i would like a text or two to help me take better firearms photographs, and photographs in general.

Do you have some refences for me please? Prefeably with a firearms bent.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Duane.

Best wishes, Chris

I'd suggest buying his book.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Rub Line.

Can you give me a title for the book please?

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Hi Rub Line.

Can you give me a title for the book please?

Cheers, Chris

http://www.amazon.com/Professi...sbrook/dp/1879356155

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rub Line, I was more after a book directed towards firearms photography.

Unless this is?

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to help, Duane.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Duane!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is genius jumping

quote:
Jason, In "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu it is written that you should know your enemy. It is very obvious that Idaho Sharpshooter knows nothing about me. ...In the first line of his post he refers to a PM between himself and Duane and in the second line he uses the word "We" to imply that Duane agrees with his Id Sharps opinion of me. What he didn't know is that Duane and I have been close friends for over 30 years. We have each other on "speed dial" and often talk 5 or 6 times a week. I know what Duane thinks about me and he knows how I feel about him. Perhaps he (Id Sharp) needs to read Duanes new PM to him and edit the "we" and it's implications out before the ever gentlemanly Duane comes down like a pile of shit on him. Don't ever think that Duane can't or won't. Thus Jason in only the first two lines of Idaho Sharpshooters post we have already established that he is a vindictive liar and asshole. ...Then he claims that I seek attentioun because I have never accomplished anything in my life. WOW, where to start. In 1980-81 I was a stockmaker for Griffin & Howe NYC. I moved to Arizona in late 1981 and continued to build "Carriage Trade" rifles for select clientele including a rifle for the DSC which Petersons Hunting said "Set new standards for custom rifles" ...In 1985 I received the significant honor of being invited to study photography with one of the 20th centuries most important "Fine Art" photographers Frederick Sommer. The invitation was extended three hours into our first meeting, after he had examined both my PHOTOGRAPHY and STOCKWORK. I spent four years with Fred and was only his fifth lifetime student. His previous three students had studied with him under the McCarther Foundation Grants--The " Genious Grants " so I felt particularly honored. ...In 1989 I moved to Northern Va.To work as staff studio photographer for the AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. ...In 1994 my first book PROFESSIONAL STOCKMAKING was published and was distributed in 14 countries and used as a textbook at gunsmithig schools in the U.S. and abroad. It is now in it's second printing with 7000 copies sold and has helped educate several generations of stockmakers. ...In 1996 I was the only American to be invited to interview for the senior (head) photographers position at the Tower of London, the Royal Armouries at Leedes, and the Royal Naval Museum at Portsmouth. Although I won the nomination I turned the position down. Hated the weather, food, traffic circles, and British gun laws. ...I suppose I could mention my other seven books or the additional nine books for which the photography is completed, 25,000 photos, but I don't want Mr. Idaho Sharpshooter to accuse me of being a braggart. He's still just an arrogant,vindictive narcissistic asshole. ...David L. Wesbrook

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Typo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A man of your alleged accomplishments. Surely you should be able to spell genius? If not, now that I have given you the correct spelling, are you capable of going in and editing your post?

Also, did I spell all these, in this application, descriptive adjectives, supercilious, self centered, anal focused dork I use to describe you dave?

I was requested to be nice to you, since you have such a fragile ego. Don't push it too far...

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Richard Kayser, I'll not lower myself to your level of childish name calling and innuendo. As far as my "alleged accomplishments", they are all factual and documented.. ...David L. Wesbrook. ...P.S. You capitalize "given names". More practice for your editing skills?