Find
Notify
Tools

AR 15 Assembly
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted
Looking for an asembly instruction manual for AR 15 Lower Receiver. Is there a link where I can down load a copy? Thanks in advance. bewildered

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Brownell's web site has a video instruction site for the AR's. From soup to nuts and very good for those who want to assemble their own parts. I've used it on my mid length build and had no problems. This may be of help.

Posts: 65 | Location: West Bend, WI. | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
375ej, I didn't think of Brownells. Thanks for waking me up. I already have one and want to put together my next project. I thank you sir. coffee

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Brownells or old school way is the armors manual that's how I built mine back in 94 when you couldn't find a complete AR for less then 2K

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I checked out Brownells today. I was a bit upset with their attitude. The book I wanted was 17.95 my cost plus 11.50 shipping. That's 29.45 to buy one book with shipping. I live 123 miles East of Montezuma, Iowa. I checked out Midway USA and found the book I needed for 6.69 plus 6.89 shipping. My total came to 84.00 with the NRA roundup. Oh , didn't mention that while I was on their web site I also purchased a large ring Mauser tap for cleaning up the olds Mauser actions. That was included in the 6.89 shipping. Go figure.

Well anyway, I'm happy and so is Midway.

Olcrip
People are like flowers, it's been a privilege to walk in your garden. May the good Lord Bless and keep you and may God smile upon your garden.coffee

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Check here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/top...tml?b=3&f=4&t=226782

For all the basic build info you need. Good luck with it!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had multiple lengthy posts about this very subject a few months back, I believe in the Military and Mil-surp area. There are a few tricks illumnated, like "install this part before installing that part" in that thread. Not to nitpick, but install the magazine release before the bolt lock. If you don't, the bolt lock will not allow putting in the mag release because it will hit it and won't allow it to screw in. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote