New
Find
Notify
Tools

New mauser from Zastava ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On gunboards forum there is a post under the Comm and Mil. sporting rifle from the user SVR that shows a Serbian Zastava Arms mauser. It looks like a Mark X 98 action with a tang (old ruger type) safety, fluted bbl. and a nice piece of walnut. I guess it could be a dressed up Chas. Daly type Mk. X. Anybody know anything about these rifles?

Bob.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that "thing" is a mock-up and not a real gun. From the close-ups of the tang and the front sight, they appear to be castings and rather crude ones at that. Even the fluted barrel does not appear to be machined. Even if it was real, why anyone would put a quarter rib and barrel band front sight on a fluted barrel is beyond me.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have received three charles daly rifles so far for customers. two were actions only and they were pretty nice. just got in their superior grade left hand mini. to me it is ugly. the fit and finish is real nice but the high gloss and monte carlo stock are not my bag. the action is real smooth but the trigger was adjusted by a lawyer. the old ones were adjustable, don't know about this one.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote