Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Basix trigger adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
Can anyone provide a tutorial for adjusting the L-1 Basix trigger? I just installed one on my model 7 and it was an easy installation but I have not adjusted it. The orignal model 7 trigger just would not adjust to 2 pounds to satisfy me concerning a gritty creep and consistent break. The L-1 is at 3 pounds now and I would like to come down to 2 pounds. It is very smooth. I DID read all the prior basix references a search brought up and found no adjustment directions. No adjustment directions came with it and it is one of the 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound triggers.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would contact RifleBasix. I’m sure they would be glad to send you detailed instructions.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
A significant number of the statements by forum members here indicated the Basix customer service was pretty bad. That's why I asked members first after reading 5 pages of search results. But thats ok there are other forums to check for advice.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found this at Rifle Basix's web site.

http://www.riflebasix.com/ERV-3_Instructions.pdf

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Woody

Posts: 51 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 05 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
A significant number of the statements by forum members here indicated the Basix customer service was pretty bad. That's why I asked members first after reading 5 pages of search results. But thats ok there are other forums to check for advice.

You can find a “significant†number of people on this forum that will find fault with just about ANYTHING...but I have always found that a good first step is to contact the company that makes the product, then if they don’t satisfy you go ahead and look elsewhere.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I should have my instructions from the same project, send me a pvt message as urs are blocked.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
... But thats ok there are other forums to check for advice.

Feeling peeved??

As I see it, you asked for advice, and people gave their best. Was it exactly what you were looking for?? Maybe, maybe not... The Internet tends to be like that. But perhaps you should still acknowledge that people bothered to try to help you - regardless what form the help took. I mean, just to attest to your good manners...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote