New
Find
Notify
Tools

8x60S reamer?
 Login/Join

<9.3x62>
posted
Anyone know where I could get a reamer for this grand old cartridge? TIA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is not listed on their web site, but I have discussed it with Clymer and they do have the specs for it. As of now, it is a custom order item.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Dave Kiff at Pacific precision grinding should be able to help.

Cheers

/ JOHAN

<eldeguello>
posted
I have an 8X60RS double with one chamber slightly deeper than the other. When I got it, I sent it to Paul Jaeger in PA to have a set of rings made for the claw-mount base and asked them to deepen the other chamber at the same time. They sent it to Germany for the mount rings, but when I got it back, there was a note enclosed with the rifle stating that they chamber hadn't been fixed because there were NO 8X60 reamers available in the U.S. or Germany at that time (1984).

I have since searched every place in the U.S. that makes, sells or rents reamers for an 8X60S, without success.

If you find one, please let me know!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Sisk Rifles has one. Their chamber reamer list is at:

http://www.siskguns.com/Chamber_Reamers.htm

On that page, I saw:

8X60 Mag
8X60 R Guedes
8X60 Rimmed

I'm not sure if 8X60 Mag is the correct one. That's just how it's listed on the web site. Wasn't there a magnum loading for the 8x60 at one time? i.e.: A higher velocity loading in the same 8x60 case. Or, it could just be a typo mistake by whoever did the web site. Anyway, it might be worth a call to ask about it. Contact info is on the web site. I don't know if he rents out his reamers.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Quote:

Gentlemen

Dave Kiff at Pacific precision grinding should be able to help.

Cheers

/ JOHAN

I'll give him a call on Monday. Thanks.