New
Find
Notify
Tools

BDL to ADL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to build two ADLs for hunting purposes. I have 2 matching ADL stocks but only one SS ADL action so I will likely be starting with a SS BDL action for the second gun.

I've never done this so I'm lost as to the actual steps involved and all the necessary parts. The extent of my knowledge goes:Buy and ADL trigger guard.

After that, I need your help. Accurizing tips and pics would be much appreciated too!!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a new mag box (slightly longer than the BDL), the trigger guard, and you're set!

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Nebraska
Most ADL mag boxes have a tab that attaches the box to the action. I believe if you build up the stock under the box, forcing it to stay against the bottom of the action you will be ok.
Not sure though. But I would try it.
I know the spring and follower are the same.
If you are using factory remington stocks I would just stick the parts in the ADL stock like they came out of the BDL stock. Thin see if it functions like it should.
I seen where you were looking for a ADL triger guard in the want ads. Do a search on www.Gunbroker.com I have seen them there recently for 10 or 12 $.
GOOD LUCK. Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bluetick. Will do.

Sounds like you're a coon hunter. I've never done that but when I was growin' up, I read "Where the Red Fern Grows". One of my favorite books to this day. Great story but quite the tear-jerker!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska,
Will you have BDL bottom metal for sale. I have an ADL that I want to convert to a BDL ( have the stock already) and need the bottom metal. Would you consider a trade as of course I have the ADL trigger guard, follower, spring, screw etc.
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Norwester67>
posted
What about the reverse?? Turning an adl into a bdl?? Is using an adl with no floorplate & the blind magazine much of a hinderance? Isn't it a hassle to unload or remove stuck or misfed rounds w/out the use of the floorplate??

one of us
posted Hide Post
I be interested in a trade if your ADL is stainless. I know they're not made anymore but I already have one and I'm looking for one more.

Even if it's not stainless, send me your contact info and I'll give you a yell if I end up with no home for the BDL components.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska,
You Have a private message from me.
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote