New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Model 1920
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone familiar with these bolt action rifles, in particular, the early model 1920 made in 1920 in 250/3000?

Are they a decent rifle or are there flaws that a regular shooter would dislike?

Thanks,

RJS

Posts: 210 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 03 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only model 20 I ever handled I couldn't buy. I was very light weight.I would saw the thing that would trouble me the most was not being able to mount a scope on it easly.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with two of them, one early and one a bit later. These are both .300 Savage guns, not the .250-3000 version.

The one I have now is a good solid rifle.It came from the factory with shooting sling and a bolt peep sight. The worst feature is the trigger.

These were not high dollar guns...jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I handled one at a gun store and thought hard about buying it. The price was right and it's a nice light gun with a nostalgic feel to it.

The trigger (IIRC) is a two-stage similar to a military Mauser. Not what you're used to if you grew up on modern sporters.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote