Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava Mauser actions, how good?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted
Charles Daly is advertising that they are importing Zastava made Mauser actioned rifles. Does anyone have experience with these rifles? Are the actions suitable for building a DGR?

Charles Daly also imports M1911 style .45 acp handguns from the Phillipines, and the knock on them is they are reportedly of softer steel than their competitors.

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zastava is the old Mark X Mauser, I have several of them, they aren't finished as well as a Argentine 1909, or other pre WW1 DWM. They are made of alloy steel, and are suitable for any standard length magnum, I have one in .458 win, and a Manlicher stocked one in 270, also a .243win.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike from YU>
posted
I can tell you that Zastava actions are very strong. When I was in Yugoslavia, I had opportunity to visit them couple of times. Actually, this action is same as Mauser FN. Normally, they accept maximum cartridge length 86 mm, but I saw Zastava made 375 H&H with only slightly modified magazine well that could accept 93 mm cartridge length.