New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing Front sight bead from a Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received a fiber optic front bead for my Ruger 375 from NECG and need to install it.

For starters, there is a push plunger of sorts on the old bead that needs to be pushed in. But how in the world do you push the plunger down with one hand and then tap the bead off? Are you supposed to hit the bead with a hammer or use a wood block or something? Seems like it is gonna take me at least three hands.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I just received a fiber optic front bead for my Ruger 375 from NECG and need to install it.

Seems like it is gonna take me at least three hands.

Isn't that why guys in Alaska get married? Wink Bed warmer at night, extra pair of hands during the day?

Have her push in the plunger with a 1/8" punch, while you remove the blade. If you position her just right, she can also hold the rifle at the same time....or if you're the considerate type, you can put the rifle in a well-padded vise. Just be careful not to tap her little "finners" with the plastic or rubber-headed hammer. shame That might delay delivery of supper for , say, 3-to-6 months!! Frowner

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote