New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark X bolt handles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a couple of Mark X actions that I want to spif up a bit. First thing that needs to go are the dog leg bolt handles.

Anybody got photos of really nice bolt jobs on Mark X actions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, this one isn't on a Mark X but it is on a JC Higgins M50. It's a Talley-style that Bill Leeper used to replace the original

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oooh thats nice!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably not what you are looking for but I thought I would throw it in anyway. By the way this is on a full stocked rifle and as you might guess it is still a work in progress.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael J

Although I am not fond of the shape of that bolt handle it is easy to see that it is very well done, as are the scope bases and other work.

Did you craft make and fit the scope bases, tang safety, and bottom metal?

How about some more photos showing all of the work that you have done. That looks like it is going to be one very nice Mark X (or FN)!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
22WRF,
Yes the work is mine and although I personally would not want this handle it was what the original owner ordered. He has since turned the gun over to me (money issues), so I have changed a few things about it to more suit my taste, mostly in the design of the stock.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Here is a McFarlan knob on a Mark X that is in my vise now.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Michaelj, very nice work. 22wrf, I like the straight Oberndorf-style bolt handles similar to the others pictured.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote