New
Find
Notify
Tools

European benchrest actions
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Does any body know of a European manufactured benchrest or benchrest quality action, any information would greatly appreciated, thanks.

Centrepunch.

Posts: 15 | Location: Northamptonshire England | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Centrepunch, have you tried to pose your question over on www.benchrest.com?? There are European benchresters hanging out over there.

I don't shoot BR myself, so other than the "usual" US (and a few Aussie/NZ) actions, I don't have an answer to your question. If you had asked about a European manufatured action for precision shooting, I would have asked if you knew about the Grünig & Elmiger. This action and rifles built around it are used extensively in competitive shooting in Switzerland. BR does not have a big following here, so I'd hate to claim BR accuracy... Ask at Grünig & Elmiger if interested.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P.S. Here is a German smith that seems to be associated with the German BR scene. He may know more... Martin Menke

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information guys much obliged.

Centre Punch.

Posts: 15 | Location: Northamptonshire England | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote