Find
Notify
Tools

Remington's Email Communication system
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Remington's Email Communication system

For those who have not experienced it this might be of some interest.

I contacted Remington via their "ask a question" on their site. The questions relate to their African Big Game Rifle and African Plains Rifle. These rifles are from their "custom shop" and have manufactures retail at about $1700US

Their repsonse is very rapid but what I found interesting is that it goes onto a type of discussion board but with just yourself and the Remington person "posting"

About an 1 hour ago I responded to them and within 30 minutes they replied.

I quite often contact US gun companies because since I often work into the early morning hours I do it for friends in Australia as midnight down here is the start of the business day in the US.

Anyway, for whatever it is worth, Remington seems to be the star performer.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

It's really nice to hear something good about them for a change.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich

This "forum" type system they are using also locks them into what they have written. The last response I have made is still waiting for an answer. I strongly suspect that the chap in Remington has now gone to enquire further. I think if rifles are ordered from them then a printout could be included.

The basis of the enquiry is about barrels and actions pointing in the same direction for scope mounting purposes on the ABG rifle and APR as compared to the standard issue Remington 700s. There were also a couple of other points but they were easy ones.

The "discussion board" format they are using really puts their balls on the line as compared to normal email correspondence.

Mike

[ 05-07-2003, 23:18: Message edited by: Mike375 ]

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote