New
Find
Notify
Tools

Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard Stock ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will these fit into a Sako L61R stock? Is the bottom metal the same, similar?

I know that these are reasonable copies of the Sako action, but I am not sure how close they are.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I don't have one in front of me and I have never tried it, so I could very well be wrong. But just going on the fact that no one ever does it and it's not talked about. I would say no. The odds are that even if you could make it work. It would look like the dogs-breakfast.

On top of that, actual Sako replacement stocks are worth a lot of $$$$$ so I wouldn't start chopping one up to save a dollar. Far better to put it on Ebay and sell it and put some of the money you get toward one of the many synthetics that are out there for the 1500 or if you must have wood, you can get a nice replacement from Boyds and possibly still have enough money left over from the sale of the Sako stock to buy a 6 pack of beer.

Just sayin.
coffee

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote