New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public Service Announcement - Vises on Sale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Those Versa Vise clones that have been discussed here are on sale at Midway for $40 under the Wheeler name. I believe they're over $60 at Woodworker Supply.
These are the clones of the Versa Vise sold at Brownells for over $200.

Wheeler Vise

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
These are the clones of the Versa Vice sold at Brownells for over $200.

Wheeler Vise

Or perhaps the Brownells Versa Vice is an overpriced clone of the Wheeler??? Smiler Either way they are both really nice and handy vises...IF you do the modification to keep them from swiveling when you don’t want them to.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damnit anyway!

I thought you said VICES on sale. Then I look at the Midway website and see there are only five left, and its over a week to payday. Boy was I bummed out for a while.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew the Chi'com groups had knocked off this type vice. You can get them at the Green Bear store and at Buster knucles tools. Now it sounds like Potterfield's bunch has done it too. Not a surprise.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote