New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing Mod 70 PF ejector?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've broken three punches trying to drift out the ejector spring. Any ideas?

wally
wow@efn.org

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Push Feed M70 Ejector: It's a plunger similar to the M700 Rem, but the pin that keeps the plunger in the bolt is at an angle instead of straight like the M700. Look at the holes on both ends and this will give you an idea of how to line up the punch. Some have a tapered pin, gotta drift them out from the bottom of the bolt. Use a tapered starter punch to break it loose, then a pin punch to drift it out. I make my punches out of allen wrenches, they are tougher than most pin punches. Cut off the "L", and chuck it in a electric drill. Head to the bench grinder, and grind the taper for the starter with the drill motor and the bench grinder running.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Ricks:
Push Feed M70 Ejector: It's a plunger similar to the M700 Rem, but the pin that keeps the plunger in the bolt is at an angle instead of straight like the M700. Look at the holes on both ends and this will give you an idea of how to line up the punch. Some have a tapered pin, gotta drift them out from the bottom of the bolt. Use a tapered starter punch to break it loose, then a pin punch to drift it out. I make my punches out of allen wrenches, they are tougher than most pin punches. Cut off the "L", and chuck it in a electric drill. Head to the bench grinder, and grind the taper for the starter with the drill motor and the bench grinder running.

I have tried everything but heat on this pin. Can it be drilled out from 1/16 to 5/64 or 3/32 and a roll pin used?

Sure appreciate any help.

wally
wow@efn.org

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to drill the ejector pin out. Now have about .125" hole.

I don't think lug strenght is effected. Should I pin it or replace the bolt?

wally