New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bases for m98 With Charger hump?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know waht the luepold 2 piece standard rear base for mauser 98 With charger hump still present look like? Any photos?

Is the base kinda extended forward over the hump for the ring mount like the m96 luepold standard 2 piece base?

Besides the weaver bases is there anyother rear base for a charger hump 98?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look kind of like the std fn base, just the screw holes are closer together and the bottom is beveled for the stripper clip guide. I think the backs angled a little to clear the bolt handle since the base is places farther back on the bridge. It's been awhile since I seen one.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a picture of Redfield 2 piece for unaltered mauser. It extenses over the hump. Brownells list it. Midway and midsouth dont list certain bases. Then brownells dosent list the luepold one.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP7-

In a capitulation to aging eyes I just ordered the Leupys for my 7x57.

They're pretty much as you've described in your first post.

And yes, I just got them from Brownell's.

flaco

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Order a pair of these:

Regular Leupold M98 Base Set

This what I think you're asking about. I have a pair on my M48 and like them well enough.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tex , Yep thats them,

Thanks