New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wincherster M70 Bolt Release
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process of restocking a post 64 model 70 in which the rifle was completely disassembled (it was a box of parts when I got it). I can't find the bolt release spring and don't know what it looks like or how it fits. Looking for schematics on the internet hasn't turned up anything. So does anyone have a link that I can see what it looks like or a picture that I can use?

It appears that it may wrap around the pin that holds the release and trigger as I cannot see any place a spring and plunger would go. Is this correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 67 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a small coil spring that fits inside the latch itself and the pin retains it by the small flat on the latch. If you still need a pic I can pull one out and get one.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
acpchuck45, you are correct. It wraps around the larger diameter part of the pin just under the head. One end pushes up on the bolt stop and the other end hooks under the receiver.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn,I guess I need to read better. I thought he said floorplate release. Thats what I get for posting before my coffee.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found the spring in the box of parts, which also contains other gun parts that I received. Mark, your description helped me find it.

Don, I understand about the coffee as I was waiting for mine to kick in to do my first post. I have seen what you described on the pre-64s and had spent a lot of time trying to figure out what happened to the hole where I thought the spring went on this post 64 gun. That is when I figured there it must be different.

Thanks again guys.

Posts: 67 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote