Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 54 trigger.
 Login/Join

posted
Am building a custom rifle on a Win. 54 action and just wondered if anyone knew of a good aftermarket trigger. The only thing that I could come up with was a double set \german style but this clashes with the intended styling of the rifle. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

Any man who is willing to trade his liberty for a few pieces of gold, deserves neither and will probably lose both.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not totally on topic but you might check out Ed LaPour's M54 3 pos safety if you haven't already. Very nice unit.

Ed Lapour's website

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen an aftermarket trigger for the Model 54.
Probably the best bet would be to "tune" the factory trigger.

Don

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Last 54 I built (35 Whelen) I used a Timney and it worked fine. You have to build a new boltstop however. If you want a temporary fix you can just put a long screw thru one of the Tapped reciever sight holes. If you want to drill one hole oversize and put the proper shape screw in you can do that also. The new Williams botom metal would probably work fine also. I really like the 54's. Require new bolt handle to be really nice.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your replies. Apparantly Canjar makes a trigger and bolt stop for the beast. Cheers Kevin.

Any man who is willing to trade his liberty for a few pieces of gold, deserves neither and will probably lose both.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please let us know what type of responce you get from Canjar.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold a 9.3x62 Mod 54 to someone on AR and as I recall it had either a blackburn or Timney trigger on it..I think perhaps any M-70 trigger might work on a 54...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I sold a 9.3x62 Mod 54 to someone on AR and as I recall it had either a blackburn or Timney trigger on it..I think perhaps any M-70 trigger might work on a 54...

The one I got from you has a two-stage trigger which I think is the original, although it breaks quite nicely once you get past stage one.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote