New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester M-70 Trigger Spring?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I buy trigger springs, and other parts for Winchesters, for a Winchester M-70? I do not want to buy a coil and make my own. Is there anyone who sells them already made? I have a 30-06 that won't lighten up more than 3&1/2 pounds. After that the spring is loose. Yes, I know I can stretch the spring, but I prefer to not do that. I've looked in Brownell's - no got.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Search winchester 70 on Ebay. There are a couple of lightweight hunting springs listed for Buy it now of $6.95 with $3.95. I usually have m70 springs lying around but all I have are cut down take offs. I don't like cut coils on my 70's. 3-1/2 pounds is pretty hard to get on a 70 without some serious trigger work. I don't know if this guys springs are OK or not but he claims 3 pounds.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1619 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I started doing triggers 10 years ago, I bought several assortments of springs that Brownell's sells, all with coil OD's that can be used for trigger work. I'm still feeding off that purchase when I decide to change out a factory spring.
My criteria is to select a replacement spring that has %20 thinner wire thickness, with the same coil OD. I just cut it to length and do the isntal.

Don

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I'd be very surprised if Wolfe doesn't make them in various weights and probably available from Brownell's

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found some Holland springs in Brownells. They are listed as a new item.
Thanks.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try here:

http://www.erniethegunsmith.com/

He has a good selection of trigger springs. An some other neat items.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take your spring out and close the bolt holding the trigger forward and check the pull. You may find that with no spring the pull is still heavy. If that's the case you will need to change the angle on the sear surface.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 30-06 that won't lighten up more than 3&1/2 pounds. After that the spring is loose.

If you are at 3.5# and the spring is loose then an new spring will not help you. Like SWD said you need to have the sear worked on.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote