New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrell finish on Browning Baby
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know the correct finish on a Browning Baby barrel? Was this chromed? Buffed Steel? Polished steel? Blued? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Not sure what a "Browning Baby" is? If you are taking about the BDA .380 they came in nickel and blue. I believe they were made by Beretta.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shawn-
Browning Baby is an unusally small semi auto matic pistol made by Browning. The gun is blue but in pretty sad shape so I'm going to restore it. I can't tell how the barrel was finished. It appears steel colored not blued like the rest of the gun. I thought for sure with the vast knowledge bank this site attracts someone would know. I keep hoping someone can help me.
Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The barrel on my Dad's is plain steel. But FN made millions of them so, I expect all kinds of variations exist.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Yeti.

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
I have a Baby Browning in perfect original shape. If you like, I'll take some pictures of the barrel and send them to you in a PM... it'll be this weekend sometime if that's OK.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one and it doesn't look like the barrel has any finish on it at all. I don't know of many barrels for semi-autos that have a barrel finish. None of mine do.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian & Ed. I'll just polish it and be done.