Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 660 to Rem M7
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
How much gun parts interchangeability is there between the 660 and the newer Model 7?

Stocks, triggers and floor plates are my primary concern.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be suprised if anything was interchangable between the two guns.

I've hunted with all 3 of them a nd as I recall the 600 & 660 had thicker barrels and plastic trigger guards and you had to eject live rounds one at a time. The Model 7, for me, was an easier rifle to shoot and it had a more lively feel to it.

I bought my 1st Model 600 when I was stationed in Alaska and it's short length and laminated stock was perfect for the weather and the very short barrel when when flying in a Super Cub.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
The model 600 series is based on the XP 100. The model 7 is based on a short 700 and nothing much is interchangeable in the back end. The tang screw hole locations are also different.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I am building up a 7 with a 600 350 Mag barrel right now; there is nothing the same except the barrel threads. Making a stock pattern from a 600 to fit the 7.
Stocks, triggers, floor plates, and most everything else, is different.
Barrels fit though as they didn't change the standard Model 700 shank.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has a cracked stock, I bid 80 E on it. We'll see how it goes.

660 with a Mannlicher style walnut stock, and EAW mounts. A lot of money in extra bullshit, if I can find a cheapo Boyds JRS classic for $150, it should be a neat gun.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot all about it, went for $150. Mounts are $400, scope is about $400, I need to pay better attention to these things when I have open bids.