New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to take apart .22 SIngle SIx?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am trying to take apart a Ruger .22 Bisley SIngle Six and am having a little trouble. I can't seem to drive out the pin that holds the trigger with normal force. ANything special I need to do? Thanks!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You need to take the grip frame off first. Before you can do that, you need to take the hammer strut/spring out of the frame. After you remove the frame, there is a silver spring that fits into a groove in the pin that goes through the trigger. You have to press this down so that the spring is out of the groove and the pin will come out easily.

Attached to the trigger is the transfer bar. You may also need to remove the hammer and pawl at the same time. I don't think there's a way to remove the trigger without removing the grip frame. At the front of the grip frame there is a plunger and spring that you must keep track of, and another plunger spring on the back side of the revolver frame.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote