Find
Notify
Tools

Proffessional opinion of X Mark Pro trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted
Seeing that Remington is offering to replace their standard triggers with the new version of the X Mark Pro - What is your opinion of the trigger vs the old one? I have 5 and can't replace all with Timneys. Stick with what works or let Remington "upgrade" them?

2 of them are on varmint rifles and gunsmith tuned. The others are late 80's/ early 90's versions that are untouched and have heavy pulls.

thanks

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
The X Mark is IMO a much better trigger than the "Pro". The adjustment screw in the trigger shoe is pretty much useless as it has almost no effect on actual trigger pull. The spring under the adjustment screw is larger in diameter than the screw so if you want to lighten the pull you have to disassemble the trigger completely in order to change out that spring with a lighter one. It also is a weak spot; I've had several 700s brought into the shop with the trigger snapped off at that screw. The simpler X-Mark is far easier to adjust and doesn't have the weaknesses of the "Pro" version.

This being said, IMO you're way better off with the original triggers providing they are properly adjusted and maintained.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have several thousand triggers in boxes here in the shop that have been replaced with new Remington triggers (factory repair center). I don't see that any have been improved. The factory will only allow us to set the new triggers at 4 lbs. or greater. If you have rifles with the Walker trigger in them I'd keep that trigger.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am no professional but I like the Walker trigger much more.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies -
They aren't broke so I won't fix them!

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote