Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
If its that goofy one with the stubby little safety on the shroud that you lift up and down its pretty simple. Its just a little cam that pushes back the cocking piece. I haven't worked on one in a few years but it's nothing that can't be handled with more than simple polishing on the cam or a couple swipes with a diamond lap. I wouldn't get to carried away as parts for them are non-existent now.

coffee

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, ended up taking it all down and polishing the cocking cam. What a PITA to get it apart.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
They are the classic Bavarian jigsaw puzzle to take apart for the first time. After that it's pretty much song and dance. With cake even. The up side is that, like the Weatherby Mark V, it takes very little to get them working again. The down side is that it only takes one heavy handed, knucklehead with a file to fuck them up beyond all redemption and unlike the Mark V, there is no source for new parts.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote