Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser R93 RECALL
 Login/Join

posted
this may be a repeat, but I know there are some Blaser owners that post here, and I just ran across it

see

http://www.sigarms.com/

Posts: 50 | Location: CO | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw it already. Seems the Blasers are still not wrung out yet.

But you all know I�m no Blaser fan. Who always signs with "Happiness is a Mauser" ? [Wink]

Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
As explained to me by SigArms, the recall has to do with a small batch of carbon steel pins that were erroneously sent by one supplier that got mixed in with the proper stainless steel ones at the factory in their parts bin. The pin in question is in the trigger mechanism and if the carbon steel pin rusts it can cause unintended firings. It is an improper part, not a faulty mechanism.

Since it is impossible for them to know which guns have the small number of carbon steel pins in them, they have to recall all guns produced.

After you call them and register for the recall, they send you prepaid shipping boxes in which to send your guns to them. They return them in those boxes within a week or two. Very professionally and efficiently handled recall, in my opinion.

[ 09-15-2002, 18:57: Message edited by: Slingster ]

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote